How to Become an Air Hostess After 12th Easily | Air Hostess Courses After 12th SeekEx
Typically air hostesses are members of the crew of a flight, employed by airlines. The main job role of air hostesses is to ensure the comfort and safety of passengers onboard of commercial flights, airline flights, military aircraft, and business jet craft. Do you know air hostess is one of the highly demanding professions in the aviation industry? Yes, it is not only rewarding in terms of remuneration but also renders an opportunity to visit different countries across the world.
Before you proceed through the process of becoming an air hostess, you must check out the responsibilities they have during a flight. Whether you want to become an air hostess or flight steward, you must remain aware that the responsibilities of crew members on a flight are huge. So, before pursuing the course, make sure to consult an expert who can provide complete knowledge about the course in detail. If you are wondering where you can seek support, check out the SeekEx app! There are numerous experienced career consultants who can help you to determine your preferences and henceforth find out whether you should opt for this career and also how to become an air hostess after 12th.
Who is an air hostess?
- 1 Who is an air hostess?
- 2 Is there any difference between Air hostess and a cabin crew?
- 3 Air hostess qualification | Eligibility Criteria to become an air hostess
- 4 Air hostess courses after 12th
- 5 How to become an air hostess after 12th?
- 6 Top Colleges for Air Hostess Courses
- 7 How can SeekEx help?
- 8 Conclusion
- 9 Frequently Asked Question
Today, the job profile of air hostess/ flight stewards is one of the most attractive career opportunities in India. The best part of this job profile is that you don’t need to obtain high qualifications for becoming an air hostess. Just obtaining diploma certification from a reputed institute along with a pleasing personality is enough for pursuing the career option.
Apart from the excellent pay scale, the best thing about the air hostess career is the opportunity to visit different locations. Those who like travelling will get ultimate job satisfaction by working in this profession. If you want to find out how to become an air hostess after 12th then read this blog further to know about the eligibility criteria, salary, fees, and the process.
Is there any difference between Air hostess and a cabin crew?
Often while travelling on a flight, you might have heard the term ‘cabin crew’. Do air hostesses and cabin crew the same or is there any difference between these two. Practically, there’s no difference between these terms, they are just two different names referring to the same job profile. All those who want to find out how to become an air hostess after 12th must remain aware that irrespective of the name you are called, you will still be the same person on the plane for ensuring a safe and comfortable flight. Let’s understand ‘cabin crew’ and ‘air hostess’ terms in brief:
The members of the crew who are working on a flight ensure the safety of the passengers boarded on the aircraft as well as make sure that the passengers feel comfortable onboard. If you are a cabin crew then that means you are a crew who is working in the cabin of the aircraft. The job responsibility of a cabin crew includes maintaining safe operating procedures and rendering satisfactory customer service.
Although there’s no difference between being an air hostess and a cabin crew, some people refer to cabin crew as air hostesses. These people consider air hostesses to be someone who is available on the flight to serve and entertain passengers. Apart from that growing cabin crew as air hostess depicts gender bias as it mentions the cabin crew as women. But the fact is that there are a high number of male cabin crew in this industry as well. Hence, it’s a fact that there’s no difference between cabin crew, air hostesses, and flight attendants.
All we can conclude is that posts of cabin crew, flight attendants, and air hostesses basically have the same job profile. If you are inclined towards this profession and want to find air hostess courses after 12th, you must know that a cabin crew or a flight attendant have practically the exact same job and lots of diploma courses are available that you can pursue.
Air hostess qualification | Eligibility Criteria to become an air hostess
If you want to find out how to become an air hostess after 12th, then you must meet the eligibility criteria. The criteria to pursue air hostess includes academic qualifications, physical fitness, and a lot more. Let’s discuss each qualification one by one.
Physical eligibility criteria
The most important qualification is the age limit. To pursue an air hostess course, you need to be between 17 years and 26 years of age. Besides the age requirement, another requirement is that the height required for an air hostess should be a minimum of 5 foot 2 inches. The candidate applyīng for any air hostess course must be unmarried at the time of applying for the course. The eyesight requirement is normal or those who have corrected eyesight of 6/6 in both eyes are also eligible to apply for the course. Besides all other physical requirements, you should be medically fit and have a pleasing personality for pursuing an air hostess course after 12th.
Process of applying for air hostess
If you meet all the required eligibility criteria then you can directly apply to any of the training institutes or airlines as per the vacancy. Once your application is accepted then an initial screening process is conducted. In the first screening process, the height and weight of the candidate are checked. Further, there’s a main interview session where the voice, language fluency, personality, and communication skill of the candidate is accessed. On being selected in these rounds, a candidate is selected for cabin crew courses after 12th and thus they can receive air hostess training for a fixed period of time.
Skill Sets required to become an Air Hostess
If you want to become an air hostess, then you must have the required skill sets to become an air hostess. Usually, air hostesses have to work under severe pressure so you must have the capability to tackle job pressure if you wish to come into this profession. Just knowing how to become an air hostess after 12th is not enough. You must grasp the skills that are required to fulfil the job requirements. Check out the list of skill sets that are essential:
- Ability to work in a team and focus on details.
- Must have Interpersonal communication skills
- He/she must have the ability to generate empathy for others.
- Often there are stressful situations on a flight, air hostesses must have the ability to remain calm and handle the turbulence calmly.
- Problem-solving skills are essential as they have to handle different passengers and ensure their safety throughout the journey.
- Have the professionalism to work with culturally diverse groups.
You may like: Photography courses after 12th | Career, Eligibility, Job, salary, and so on
Air hostess salary in India
After you complete the air hostess training course, you get hired either by international airlines or domestic ones. Definitely, international airlines pay higher than domestic airlines. So, the air hostess’s salary in India is around INR 25000 to INR 40,000 at the entry level. Whereas upon acquiring experience, an air hostess gets paid up to INR 50,000 to INR 75000 in domestic airlines. Some of the private airlines may even pay Indian air hostesses as high as INR 2 Lakh per month.
Air hostess Training Fees
Although air hostess courses seem to be simple they are not cheap. The air hostess training fee is around INR 90,000 to INR 2,00, 000. Some common examples of course fees of reputed institutions are: Air hostess academy, Delhi charges around INR84,000 for a diploma in aviation course and hospitality management course. This diploma course is a 1-year course. This institute also offers diploma courses in global aviation and hospitality management.
The certificate airline courses after 12th are cheaper than other courses as they have less duration. Therefore the fee of a certificate course may range around INR 39,000 and that also includes 6 months of classroom training and 3 months of field training. However, the fee structure is revised every year and that may vary with the colleges.
Air hostess courses after 12th
Due to the increasing demand for air hostesses in the industry, lots of institutes offer air hostess courses. Earlier girls were more interested in this profession but now lots of boys are also interested in the position of flight steward and cabin crew. Those who want to find out how to become an air hostess after 12th must opt for any of the courses mentioned below. Basically, there are three types of courses available: Degree courses, certificate courses, and diploma courses.
Degree courses for Air hostess career
Generally, degree courses are the most popular ones. The course duration of degree courses is 3 years. Listed below are the top courses that a candidate can pursue and begin their career in this field:
1.B.sc in Airlines, Tourism, and Hospitality:
Most of the candidates who want to find out how to become an air hostess after 12th prefer this degree course. It is a 3-year undergraduate course that includes planning, studying, managing, and offering lodging, recreation, habitat, convenient travel, and tourism services. If you want to know how to become an air hostess after 12th then you can opt to seek admission in this course. It’s expected to score at least 50% marks in aggregate and then opt for AIEEE, AICET, or JNUEE examinations.
- B.Sc. in Aviation:
B.sc in Aviation is also an undergraduate degree program that allows you to learn how to fly airplanes, helicopters, etc. This three years full-time course is divided into 6 semesters. To get admission in this course, you need to pass class 12 examination with a minimum of 50% marks in the science stream. The main subjects in class 12 should be Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. If you are looking for air hostess courses after 12th, you can opt for this degree course.
- BBA in Airport management and cabin crew training: It is also a 3-year course for undergraduate students who want to opt for air hostess courses after 12th. In this course, students get to learn about different management and job roles performed in airports. You can opt for this course if you are looking for how to become an air hostess after 12th. The main eligibility criteria to get admission in this course is minimum 60% marks in class 12 examinations from any stream. Besides that, the applicant must be medically fit. The colleges and institutes offering this course select the students on the basis of merit as well as on the basis of the air hostess exam. Some of the popular entrance exams are SET, IPU CET, etc.
- BBA in Travel Management: If you want to find out how to become an air hostess then opting for degree courses is one of the preferred options. It is also a three-year undergraduate course that deals with travel and tourism-related courses. You get a broad knowledge of various attitudes, skills, and values associated with the main operations of the travel and tourism industry. Only after clearing admission tests and counselling sessions, colleges offer admissions to these courses. Some of the popular entrance examinations for BBA in tour & travel are JUET, OJEE, DUET, AIMA UGAT, CUCET, etc.
Diploma courses for air hostess career
You can opt for diploma courses just after completing class 12. Although, some PG diploma courses are also available that you can pursue after completing graduation. Generally, the duration of diploma courses is 1 year. However, the air hostess course duration and fees may vary from institute to institute. All those who want to find how to become an air hostess after 12th can opt for these diploma courses. Listed below are some famous diploma courses:
- Diploma in Air Hostess Training
- Diploma in Cabin Crew/ Flight Attendant training
- Diploma in Hospitality and Travel Management
- Diploma in Aviation Customer Care
- PG Diploma in Airport Ground Services
- Diploma in Aviation and Hospitality Management
- Diploma in Travel, Hospitality, and Tourism Management
- PG Diploma in International Airline and Travel Management
- PG Diploma in Aviation, Hospitality, Travel & Customer Service
Usually, certificate courses are preferred by those who are looking for air hostess courses that are of short duration. Usually, the duration varies from 3 to 6 months however some of the institutes may even offer a 1-year course. Those who want to know how to become an air hostess after 12th can opt for these certificate courses and begin their career in this field. Listed below are some of the popular certificate courses:
- Airline Passenger Service certificate course
- Aviation Customer Service certificate course
- Air Hostess training certificate course
- Airlines Hospitality certificate course
- Hospitality and Air travel Management certificate course
- Aviation Management and Hospitality certificate course
- Cabin Crew/ Flight Attendant certificate course
- Flight Purser certificate course
How to become an air hostess after 12th?
Are you curious to know how to become an air hostess? If you wish to get into the career of air hostess, then you must be aware of the proper steps to become an air hostess. Cabin Crew or air hostesses are primarily involved in rendering customer services to passengers who are present on a flight and offer them required assistance in-flight. If you begin your career in this field then there are a number of options you can opt for. The best thing about this profession is that you can choose a course just after completing class 12. Irrespective of your stream.
Basically, there are three simple ways to become an air hostess:
- Lots of job vacancies are announced by the airlines where you can directly apply just after completing your class 12.
- If you wish to pursue this career and grow in this profession then you can opt for an air hostess/ cabin crew training course after higher secondary education. You also have the option to opt for any popular diploma, certificate, or degree course.
- Those who have completed their graduation are also eligible to apply for the air hostess/ cabin crew position. After completing graduation you can pursue any of the mentioned diploma or certificate courses. Upon successfully completing the training process you can apply for job vacancies. But you must remember that you get the best opportunity when you are within 21 years of age.
Top Colleges for Air Hostess Courses
- Indira Gandhi Institute of Aeronautics
- Frankfinn Institute of Air hostess Training
- School of Aeronautics
- PTC Aviation Academy
- Wings Air Hostess & Hospitality Training
- Aptech Aviation Academy
- Glider Aviation Services
- Airborne Air Hostess Academy
- Wings Institute
How can SeekEx help?
To become successful in the career of an air hostess, you must know very well how to become an air hostess after the 12th. When you first start working, you are on probation for the first 6 months. Once you successfully complete the training program, you can start your journey as an Air hostess or cabin crew. Every airline has different career projections to start a career in the field. It’s essential that before you opt for an air hostess course, you are aware of all the projections and choose the best projection effortlessly. SeekEx has experts who can provide relevant information about this career field and thus guide you to make the right decision.
All those who want to determine the best cabin crew course after 12th should approach the experts on the SeekEx app. The experts will first ask you about your preferences and interests and why you want to choose this profession. They are the ones who will not only discuss the pros of the air hostess career but the challenges that will come on your way after choosing this profession. However, while discussing the challenges, SeekEx’s experts also guide you on the solutions by which you can cope with the situation.
Today, the Indian Aviation Industry is seeing new heights. It has become one of the fastest-growing industries in the country and very soon there will be a huge air passenger market. So, if you want to get into the field of aviation then an air hostess or cabin crew can be one of the best options. In this blog, you got an overall idea about air hostess courses after 12th and how you can select the right career option to grow in it successfully.
However, you should choose a career in the aviation industry only if you have the urge to travel and explore the world. Traveling is an integral part of this career option. So, if you want to have a career as an air hostess you can’t escape traveling.
Though many of them get the opportunity to work as ground staff too where they help the passengers present in the airport. As there are varied career options in this profession, selecting just one is quite difficult. You must take the guidance of experts and analyse all possible options to choose the best. The experts on SeekEx are also available to help you out with their valuable suggestions. Get help from experts and fulfil your dream to become an air hostess.
Frequently Asked Question
Can I become an Air hostess after the 10th?
No, you can’t become an air hostess after 10th as you need to pass class 12th to apply for air hostess.
Which stream is best to become an air hostess?
Irrespective of your stream in class 12, you can opt to become an air hostess.
When do air hostesses retire?
Currently, the retirement age for an air hostess is 50 years. However, after this age, they can choose to work as ground staff.
Can an air hostess do a job after marriage?
After completing 4 years of job, an air hostess can marry and continue to work.
What is the shift in the air hostess job?
An air hostess works for around twelve to fourteen hours a shift. In the case of international flights, the number of hours can also exceed. An air hostess is required to work 75 to 90 hours a month.
Would you like to share your thoughts?