How to join Indian army after 12th for female Easily?
Serving your country is a precious achievement for any human being. Earlier, women were not allowed to become a part of the Indian Army. Today, women are also an integral part of the army. Besides serving the nation, it is one of the prestigious job opportunities. That gives rise to the question in the minds of females, how to join Indian Army after 12th for females.
Different sections of the armed forces in India have varied opportunities for females. Determining which to choose can be challenging at times. In that situation, females can seek the guidance of career experts on the SeekEx app. They will guide you throughout the process and help you to find out how to join the Indian Army after 12th for females. This blog will provide a complete overview of the processes that a woman can follow to get into the armed forces and enjoy equal rights and status as men.
Can women join the Army?
- 1 Can women join the Army?
- 2 Defence exams after 12th for female
- 3 Qualification for the Indian army for females
- 4 How to join the Indian army after 12th for females?
- 5 Notable female officer in Indian army
- 6 Need Indian Army Counselling on from Army officer? Come on Seekex
- 7 Final Remarks
- 8 FAQ Regarding How to join Indian army for female?
- 8.1 1. Can women join the Indian army?
- 8.2 2. Can an art graduate girl join the Indian Army?
- 8.3 3. What is the minimum height requirement for a female to get into the Army?
- 8.4 4. What is the minimum height requirement for a female to get into the Indian Air force?
- 8.5 5. What is the vision required for the Indian Air force?
Today, women participate in every profession equally like men then why not a defence. There are a huge number of opportunities for women in the armed forces. Gone are the days when only men were allowed to serve their country. Now, women can equally participate but the question arises is women are eligible for which armed forces. If you also desire to join the army and keep wondering how to become a female army officer then this blog will provide all the relevant information.
Defence exams after 12th for female
Basically, the Indian Armed forces are military forces of the Union of the Republic of India and it consists of mainly four categories. These professional uniformed services include Indian Army, Indian Air force, Indian Navy, and Indian Coast Guard. Let’s check how to join the Indian army after 12th for females and the eligibility criteria required for that.
The Government of India has now granted permission to induct women officers into all three services. Various branches of the army induct women for different roles in various branches of army as well as for coveted permanent commission officers roles. Those who want to find how to join the Indian army after 12th for females must check different routes that are available:
1. SSCW Non-Tech: Short service commission(non-technical) is one of the famous routes to get into the armed forces for those who don’t have an engineering background. Twice a year UPSC conducts a written examination in the months of February and September. Candidates have to clear this examination to get appointed as an officer in the Indian Army. Upon clearing the written examination, the candidates are invited for an interview.
The eligibility criteria to appear in this defence exam for females, one must be in the age range of 19 to 25 years and unmarried. Graduation or post-graduation from any acknowledged university in any discipline is also needed.
2. SSCW(NCC): This defence exam for females is another popular exam. National Cadet Corps(NCC) is an organisation that provides basic military training to youths. The female candidates who are wondering how to join the Indian army after 12th for females can take this path.
If you’re an active volunteer in the NCC then you can join the Indian Army. Most importantly, you will not have to clear any written examination. In this defence exam after 12th for females, the candidates must be in service in the NCC for two years. They should be married and within the age limit of 19 years to 25 years. In graduation obtaining 50 percent marks is also mandatory.
3. SSCW(JAG): The Judge advocate general branch also has opportunities for female candidates to get into the army. Those women who are law graduates and want to find how to join Indian army after 12th for females must know this opportunity is for them. Every year the Indian Army appoints around eight female candidates through the JAG exam.
In this process, there’s no written examination, and the recruitment is done through an SSB interview. The age limit should be between 20 to 27 years and the women candidate must obtain a minimum of 55 percent marks in the LLB examination.
4. SSC tech: The qualification for the Indian army for females is a graduate degree in Engineering course. Although there will be no written exam and candidates are precisely selected on the basis of merit. The main criteria for females to apply for this route to get into the Indian Army is that only unmarried female candidates within the age range of 20 years to 27 years can apply for this.
Qualification for the Indian army for females
In the year 1992, the induction of women into the officer cadre in the Indian Army was one of the greatest moves in history. Before learning about how to join the Indian army after 12th for females, it’s essential to check out the eligibility criteria required to get into the Indian army for females.
Officers training academy trains the lady officers before they get commissioned into various arms and services of the Indian Army. In most of the positions, you should be a graduate to apply. If you want to know how can a girl join the Indian army then check out the revised policies of service of SSCOs.
The first thing to consider is that the tenure of the short service commission for the regular army will be granted for 14 years. Initially, it is for 10 years and then it is extendable by four years. The training period is for 49 weeks. If you want a substantive promotion, SSCOs can get promoted to the rank of capt after the completion of two years as reckonable commissioned service.
Moreover, to get promoted to the rank of Maj, you have to complete six years of reckonable commissioned service. Similarly, after completing 13 years of service you get promoted to the rank of Lt.Col. The eligibility criteria is divided into two sections:
1. CDS eligibility for females
Union Public service commission conducts a combined defence services examination twice a year for recruiting individuals into different defence academies. All those who want to know how to join the Indian Army after 12th for females must know that three academies are; Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Indian Air Force Academy, and Indian Naval Academy. Women are eligible for officers training academy only.
If you were still wondering how to become a female army officer then you must know that both men and women can apply for CDS exams. Here are important points that must be considered before applying for the CDS examination:
- The candidate must be an Indian resident and settle in India permanently.
- A graduation degree is a must or the candidate should be at least in their final year.
- The age limit to apply is 19 years.
- Women candidates can only apply for OTA
2. Air Force Eligibility for Females
In June 1990, the government of India allowed women to be a part of the Indian Air force. Initially, they were allowed to get into the officer cadre of non-technical, administration and logistics branches. However, later with time, they were also allowed to be part of the flying branch too. All those female candidates who want to know how to join the Indian army after 12th for females, specifically into the air force, must know the eligibility criteria.
The minimum educational qualification should be graduation and 12th pass with physics and maths subjects. Besides that, the candidate should not have failed the Pilot aptitude battery test. Any female candidate having a senior division air wing certificate or BE certificate of four years can also apply.
The minimum age limit for Indian air force entry after 12th for a female is 19 to 23 years. The age limit is 25 years for those who have a commercial pilot licence. Unmarried and windows of service personnel killed on duty without any child can also apply for this position.
Other air force eligibility for females includes the fact that the candidate is medically fit for the flying branch. The minimum height requirement for the candidate is 162.5cm. The length of the leg should be between 99cm and 129cm. Wearing classes or colour/Night blind are not eligible to apply in the Air force. Hence these are the Indian military academy eligibility for females.
You May Like: What Are the Best Career Options After 12th
How to join the Indian army after 12th for females?
Whenever any candidate wants to find out how to join Indian Army after 12th for females, they must know the process in detail. In that situation guidance of a career expert is highly beneficial. Here the physical requirements and the processes are discussed briefly.
Physical requirements for the Indian army for females
1. Height and weight: When it is about the fact how to join the Indian Army after 12th for females then physical eligibility is one of the biggest criteria. The minimum requirement for height and weight is 152cm and 42kg respectively.
2. Visual standards: To become female army officers, the female minimum acceptable visual acuity for distant vision, 6/6 is considered better eye whereas 6/18 is considered worse. Myopia of more than minus 5.5 is not considered. Besides that having binocular vision and the standard colour vision is also necessary.
3. Good Mental stability: Anyone who desires to become a female officer in the Indian army, the candidate must be in good physical health as well as have proper mental stability. Any sort of mental stability may affect their efficiency in performance on duty.
Indian air force entry after 12th for female
All those female candidates who want to know how to join the Indian army after 12th for females must remain aware that they have to take the AFCAT exam for that. Upon clearing this examination, students are invited for the interview round of the Air force selection board.
Further, after clearing the interview round the candidates need to undergo medical tests and pass them to get direct entry into the Indian Army after graduation. Clearing the AFCAT opens up doors to three branches that are flying branches, the technical and non-technical branches. Let’s take a look at the eligibility of each branch separately:
1. Flying Branch
In the flying branch, the lady army officer has to fly the fighter planes, cargo aircraft, helicopters, etc. So, if a female wants to apply for this position then they must have a B.tech/B.E degree with a minimum of 60% marks. Besides that, Maths and Physics in 12th grade are also compulsory. However, the female candidates who have Air Wing senior division C certificate can directly apply. Therefore, those who want to know how to join the Indian Army after the 12th for females can apply for this post if they meet the eligibility criteria.
2. Technical Branch
Numerous defence exams after 12th for females are held that enable them to get into the Indian Army. If a female candidate has completed engineering and is under the age group of 20 and 26 they can apply for the ground duty position of the technical branch. There are two categories of this branch: the mechanical and electrical sections of Aeronautical engineering. A female candidate can easily apply for these positions if you are wondering how to join the Indian Army after 12th for females.
There are around five categories in the ground duty of non-technical branches. Candidates can choose their categories as per their choices. Qualification for the Indian army for a female to get into subcategories of a non-technical branch is graduation or postgraduate. The age of the candidate should be between 20 and 26 years.
One of the popular subcategories is administration in which the minimum qualification is graduation with 60% marks. The second category accounts for which the candidate must have a three-year B.com degree or equivalent with a minimum mark of 60%. This category is best for those candidates who want to know how to join Indian army after 12th commerce for females.
Then comes the logistics department whose job is to look after the management of Air force resources. To get into logistics, you need to complete graduation in any discipline with at least 60% marks from any recognized university.
Those who want to find how to join Indian Army after 12th for females can also opt for education and meteorological subcategories of the non-technical branch. This was a brief explanation of the processes to join the Indian Army or Indian Air force as a female candidate.
You May Like: Top 10 Toughest Exam in India That Needs Sincere Preparation to Crack
Notable female officer in Indian army
In recent years, India was able to remove the gender barriers and include women in the armed forces. In Feb 2016, women were allowed to get into all the sections of Indian armed forces and combat their respective roles. As already discussed the ways women can join the Indian Army, let’s check out some of the notable female army officers in the Indian army.
1. Punita Arora: Being the first woman in India who secured the second-highest rank, Punita Arora is a Punjab-born Lieutenant General of the Armed forces. She also secured the rank of vice-admiral of the Indian Navy. Apart from that, she has managed the medical research for the armed forces as she was also the director-general of Armed Forces Medical Services. She is an inspiration for all the girls in the Indian army.
2. Padmavathy Bandopadhyay: She became a part of IAF in the year 1968 and was able to complete the Defence service staff college course in the year 1978. She became the first Air marshal of the Indian Air force. Apart from that, she was the first woman officer who became an aviation medicine specialist and conducted scientific research at the North pole. There are numerous women who want to know how to join Indian Air force for females, for all of them she is a true inspiration.
3. Mitali Madhumita: Mital Madhumita received the Sena medal for gallantry which is a prestigious decoration provided to the soldiers for showing exemplary courage during the operations held in the northeast and J&K. Most importantly she was the first female officer to receive the sena medal. She is an inspiration for all those who want to find how to join Indian army after 12th for females.
4. Priya Jhingam: She got enrolled as the first lady cadet to join the Indian Army. Although Priya Jhingam was a law graduate, she always dreamt of getting into the Army. She wrote a letter to the army chief explaining her urge ṭo become a part of the Indian army. One year later the army chief recruited her along with 24 other female candidates. All those who want to join the army and trying to find out how to join the Indian army after the 12th for females must go through the life story of Priya Jhingam and stay motivated throughout their journey.
5. Divya Ajith Kumar
Just at the age of 21, Divya Ajith Kumar was able to compete with 244 fellow cadets and beat all of them, both men and women, to acquire the best all-around cadet award. This award is considered one of the highest awards that are given to a cadet of the officers’ training academy.
Need Indian Army Counselling on from Army officer? Come on Seekex
The Indian army is vast and there are lots of sections in it. If you also have the desire to serve your country just like any man, you must consider joining the Indian Army. As earlier females were not allowed to join the army just like men so it’s quite obvious for females to wonder how to join the Indian army after the 12th for females. In that situation, if you want a complete briefing about the processes the best way out is to get counselling from an expert.
What could be better than understanding the steps of joining the Indian Army from an Army officer? SeekEx provides you an opportunity to avail direct consultation with an army officer and find out the best way to become a part of the Indian Army. Only when you are aware of the right path you can take the initiatives to prepare in the right format. Hence, an expert on SeekEx provides you with answers to all your queries and enables you to choose the right path to become a part of the Indian Army.
Do you have the urge to serve your country? Grab an opportunity to join the Indian Army. The Indian army is one of the significant parts of the Indian Armed forces. In the world, it is the 3rd most massive army. The main objective of the army is to maintain peace throughout the country and also safeguard its geographical boundaries. Besides, they play an important role in keeping people safe during natural calamities.
Becoming a part of the Indian Army is a wholesome experience. If you want to be a part of the army and serve the country then join it. Earlier men were only allowed to join the Indian Army but with the advancement of time, many amendments were introduced and in the year 2016, the government decided to crush down all the barriers and allow both men and women to participate in serving the nation.
FAQ Regarding How to join Indian army for female?
1. Can women join the Indian army?
Yes, a woman can join the Indian army if they can meet all the requirements.
2. Can an art graduate girl join the Indian Army?
Yes, an art graduate girl can join the Indian army by cracking the CDS examination. The eligibility to appear for CDS is graduation in any discipline.
3. What is the minimum height requirement for a female to get into the Army?
The minimum height requirement for a female to get into the army is 142cm.
4. What is the minimum height requirement for a female to get into the Indian Air force?
The minimum height requirement for a female to get into the Indian Air Force is 162cm. 5cm less is acceptable for Gorkhas and the women from the hills of the Northeastern region of India.
5. What is the vision required for the Indian Air force?
To get into the Indian Air force the vision requirement is 6/6 in both eyes.
Would you like to share your thoughts?