Student Self Introduction | How to introduce Yourself in school or college- SeekEX
Introducing oneself is one of the vital elements of presenting yourself in front of others. When it is about students’ self introduction then it becomes more crucial. In colleges, students introduce themselves differently, whereas when it is about introducing themselves as freshers then it’s different. The first impression is the last impression so students must always remain careful while introducing themselves.
In this blog, you can find a few samples of student self introduction. You can prepare your introduction according to these samples. However, if you want a more customised self-introduction then take guidance from career experts on the SeekEx app. The experts will analyse the situation for which you need the introduction and thus prepare the best one accordingly.
Importance of Self Introduction for Students
- 1 Importance of Self Introduction for Students
- 2 Student Self Introduction Samples
- 3 Self-introduction for freshers in college or school
- 4 Self Introduction in English for students in College: Samples
- 5 How can SeekEx help?
- 6 Conclusion
- 7 Frequently Asked Question
Self Introduction for students is important as it is self-representation in a confident, clear, and concise way. Student self introduction refers to presenting clear, short, and accurate information about oneself. In the introduction, students need to cover a lot of aspects like personality, aptitude, and all other details that the audience needs to know. If you are able to introduce yourself to others successfully then that generates confidence. Besides that, self-introduction also enables the audience to understand you in a better way.
Student Self Introduction Samples
Often while introducing yourself you may face a dilemma: how to introduce myself in English or what is the best way to introduce yourself effectively. In that situation, you can follow the samples given below and make changes in it to customize them according to your details. Let’s check out these four samples which will render you a brief idea about self-introduction.
1. I am a student of class 10 studying in Delhi. Basically, I am from a small village of [village name with the state]. My father’s name is [ Name of Father] and my mother’s name is [Name of Mother]. I stay in a hostel in Delhi. My hobby is reading books. In the future, I desire to become an IAS officer.
2. Hello, I’m [Name of the person]! I’ve been working in [name of the profession] for [time of working]. My brother/sister/ anyone else is in this profession and that encouraged me to come into this field.
I graduated from [college/institute] with [marks]. My subjects were[subject name]. Further, I am looking ahead to pursue my Master’s program at [University/ institute name]. My career goal is to become a professor.
3. Hello Sir/madam,
I am Rajeev, born and brought up in Bangalore. I feel fortunate to get the opportunity to introduce myself. I have graduated from Christ college with 65% aggregate marks. My subject was B.A in Economics. Currently, I am looking ahead to pursue M.A in Economics from Bangalore University. I believe one can get success only when they are determined towards their career goal with full enthusiasm. In this way, I want to obtain a balanced life and achieve greater heights.
4. Good morning,
My name is Rekha and it is a pleasure to introduce myself to you. Basically, I belong to Rajasthan but currently, I am staying in Hyderabad. I did my schooling at Delhi Public school and scored 75% in 10 and 95% in 12th. After my 12th, I am pursuing BTech in Computer science. I am in the final year of the course.
I had a career goal to become an Engineer which was fixed in mind from the very beginning. Now, I am here fulfilling my goal. Apart from studies, I love to write and sing. Listening to old melodies gives me happiness.
Self-introduction in English for Students: Examples
Self-introduction for students in school or college creates an everlasting impression on the audience. Preparing an effective self-introduction generates self-confidence and hence helps a person to present themselves in a good manner in front of others. It also enables them to develop confidence and present themselves positively. Hence, the overall environment becomes contended and comfortable.
Good morning Sir/ Madam
I am Amartya Sen, born and brought up in Kolkata. Thank you for the opportunity to introduce myself. I completed my schooling at South Point school with 77% marks in 10th and 82% marks in 12th. Currently, I am pursuing English Honours from Jadavpur University.
I believe my strength is my attitude to take up challenges without thinking whether I will succeed or fail. I always try to move forward in a balanced manner. My motivation is my parents who always complete every task with a smile.
Currently, I am in search of a platform that allows me to expand my career and grow with the organisation’s success. That’s all about me. Thank you once again for providing me with such an excellent opportunity.
Good Morning Sir/Ma’am
I’m Amartya Sen and it’s my pleasure to introduce myself. I was born in Ludhiana and grew up in Kolkata. I completed my schooling at North Point school and now I am pursuing B.tech from IIT Bangalore.
Throughout the years of my study, I have thought of becoming an Engineer. My focus is always on taking up new challenges and putting in all my efforts and knowledge to cope with them efficiently. Being a final year B.Tech student I am looking for an opportunity to take up challenges in an organisation and climb the ladder of success together. Thank you for providing me with an opportunity to introduce myself.
You may like: How to study fast without forgetting (Easier Tips)
Self-introduction for freshers in college or school
Self-introduction for freshers
Often freshers may get panicked thinking about ‘my self-introduction in English’. Yes, indeed self-introduction can be nerve-wracking for the freshers. Whether you are freshers to a college/school/company, your self-introduction has the capability to decide your future. So while introducing yourself, you must have a better understanding of the aspects that you need to mention. Here are some points that you need to keep in mind while preparing your self-introduction:
- Always keep your answers simple and concise.
- Never use complex or lengthy phrases or words in the student self introduction
- Include essential generic facts that make it easy to understand
- Start with a formal greeting like good morning, evening, as per the timing
- Mention your basic information like your name, location, college, and course
List of things to include if you are preparing a lengthy student self introduction:
- Describe your background and the reasons you choose the specific field
- Include details of co-curricular activities, internships, and experiences
- If required you can include the aspects of your personal life that can impact your professional life
- Mention your language proficiency, certifications, and training relevant to your field.
Student self introduction rules for freshers
Whether it is about self-introduction for students in colleges or schools or a company, there’s some common set of rules that students must follow. It’s essential to establish some dos and don’ts to format the self-introduction effectively. Follow these rules and customise your own self-introduction:
- While introducing yourself, always maintain eye contact. This shows that you are fearlessly introducing yourself and all the details that you are mentioning in the self-introduction are genuine.
- Don’t make the introduction too long as that can bore the listener as well as they will find it difficult to remember your vital details among so many details. It should be shorter than one minute and brief, crisp, and interesting.
- Avoid using slang languages. No need to memorise the entire student self introduction. Instead, you can memorise the important points and elaborate them accordingly.
Steps of Student self-introduction
Certain steps are involved while writing a personal introduction. If you are writing the introduction without taking help from the experts then follow the steps mentioned here to get a perfect introduction. You must ensure to include each of these steps religiously in your introduction. Here are the steps:
- Greet: The beginning of a student self introduction should be always with a greeting. Along with the salutation make sure to include a greeting like good morning, good evening, hello, etc. A proper greeting grabs the attention of the audience as well as reflects your confidence at the beginning of your introduction itself.
- Purpose: Of course, if you are introducing yourself somewhere then there’s a purpose behind it. After greeting, you must mention the purpose of the introduction. There should be a strong purpose or motive for beginning the conversation. While giving your introduction, a valid purpose makes the introduction more impactful and meaningful.
- Name: The next vital element of self introduction once you mentioned the purpose is your name. Our name is our identity. Before anything else, mention your name. At the start of the introduction, mention your name.
- Location: Apart from the name, the next important element in a student’s self-introduction is the location. It is essential to mention the location to offer a brief idea about your background.
- Qualification: Once you have introduced yourself with a name the next important thing that you need to mention is the qualification. Whether you are studying in college or school or attending an interview, mention all your past qualifications and achievements.
- Other details: The above-mentioned details are the most important parts of a self-introduction. However, there are many other details that you can include in the self-introduction. Tell about your achievements, likes, and dislikes, aims, hobbies, etc.
- Conclusion: At the end of all the details, you must conclude the self-introduction. Make sure you provide an unforgettable and attractive answer so that everyone listening to your introduction remembers you. In the end, while concluding, mention something that represents you in one line or phrase.
- Greet at the end: Once concluded, you need to greet again with a thank you. You can also add ‘thanks for the opportunity for allowing me to provide my self-introduction.’ at the end of the introduction.
Self Introduction in English for students in College: Samples
My name is Pooja Verma. I am from Lucknow. I passed class 12 from St.John’s school of commerce. Currently, I am pursuing BBA from XYZ college. In school, I was interested in singing and dancing and thus actively participated in all co-curricular activities. I am looking forward to the upcoming three years in this college to learn new things and contribute my part whenever required.
Hello everyone, I’m Rohan Saud from Pune. I completed my schooling in Mumbai and completed my B.com degree from XYZ college in Maharashtra. From childhood itself, I was interested in the business field. So, to develop managerial skills to manage a business I enrolled in MBA. I feel fortunate to get a chance to study at ABC college. Although I am not involved too much in extracurricular activities, my hobby is photography and I am also a member of the photography club of my college.
My name is Shalini Verma, born and brought up in New Delhi. Recently I moved to Pune to pursue a Bachelor’s in Mass Communication from XYZ college. I had completed my schooling from Delhi Public School in commerce. I scored 82% in class 10 and 88% in class 12. From my school days, I was interested in mass communication and always wanted to get into this field. Apart from studies, I am also interested in basketball and was also part of my school’s basketball team. I can fluently speak Hindi, English, and Marathi.
Self Introduction for students in school: samples
The students who are still in school need to introduce themself in the classroom. As you are in school the classroom student self introduction will be different from college student self introduction. Check out the samples mentioned here to find the one relatable to you.
My name is Swati Lekha. I was born and brought up in New Delhi. I studied till class 10 in Delhi Public school, Delhi. Recently, my father got transferred and so I moved with my parents to Mumbai. I am good at playing volleyball and have played at the state level. I am looking forward to studying at XYZ school and completing my 12th in commerce with flying marks.
My name is Ankush Thakur. I was born and brought up in Lucknow. I am a class 11 science student studying in XYZ school. Upon completion of my class 12, I look forward to pursuing B.tech from a renowned college.
How can SeekEx help?
An effective self-introduction enables the students to establish new connections, improves self-confidence, leaves fāvourable impression, and most importantly offers a great understanding to others. While introducing yourself you must ensure that all the details you provide are genuine and there are no grammatical mistakes. These days lots of samples of self-introduction are available online. You can use any one of them. Even in this blog, you can find some examples of student self introduction. However, you must know that every individual is different and so is their self-introduction. If you use any sample then you have to customise it properly.
In such a situation when you need to prepare your self-introduction, SeekEx comes as a saviour. The career experts present on the SeekEx platform help you to customise your introduction according to your achievements and qualifications. Besides that, the experts also consider the place where you are going to apply the self-introduction. That means a self-introduction at a college will definitely differ from that one that you present in a company’s interview. The career experts on SeekEx listen to your requirements and thus accordingly help you to frame the best student self introduction.
As said first impression is the last impression so student self introduction is a vital aspect of leaving an ever-lasting impression. Be it introducing yourself, in a college or school, or in an interview an effective self-introduction ensures a strong impact on the listener. You can convey all details about yourself in an effective way. This blog also includes some samples of self-introduction that you can use and customise your own self-introduction. Prepare an effective self-introduction and stay confident while introducing yourself.
Frequently Asked Question
What is the best way to introduce yourself?
The best way to introduce yourself is to create a self-introduction by mentioning all your details. Follow the steps mentioned to build a strong self-introduction.
Is learning the entire self-introduction necessary
There’s no need to learn the entire self-introduction. Instead, one can just remember the points and elaborate the points on the spot.
In what language should I give the self-introduction?
The self-introduction must be given in a language that the audience can understand.
Is it necessary to greet at the beginning of a self-introduction?
Both at the beginning and at the end of the self-introduction, you must greet the audience. It gathers their attention.
How can I prepare the best self-introduction?
To prepare the best self-introduction you must approach an expert and convey all the details to them. They will help you to create the best self-introduction.