List of Top competitive exams after graduation 2022 | Government Exams After Graduation For High Salary
Completed Graduation? So what’s next? A common question that arises in the mind of students completing their graduation is how they can get a good job. Whether you want to pursue higher studies or get a government job, there are various competitive exams after graduation that can smoothen your way to a successful career.
These days there are numerous competitive exams that one can pursue. The majority of them are for those who’ve completed graduation. Upon cracking these exams, doors of opportunities open up. Do you know which competitive exams after graduation are available for you? You can check out the list of options that are available with help of career experts on the SeekEx App. In this blog, some of the top competitive exams after graduation are mentioned in brief.
What are the competitive exams after Graduation?
- 1 What are the competitive exams after Graduation?
- 2 List of competitive exams after graduation for jobs
- 3 Competitive exams after graduation in arts
- 4 Competitive exams after graduation in science
- 5 Competitive exams after graduation in Commerce
- 6 List of Banking exams after Graduation
- 7 List of Law entrance exams after graduation
- 8 How seekex helps you to pursue right competitive exam after graduation
- 9 Conclusion
- 10 Frequently Asked Questions About Top competitive exams after graduation
Usually, after completing graduation, students get puzzled by so many competitive exams. Some of these exams are for postgraduate courses whereas some are for government or non-government jobs. If you want to have a great career ahead, then it’s essential to identify which exam will lead to the career that you’re looking for. For understanding the objectives of each exam you can take the help of career consultants. As of now, here is a list of competitive exams after graduation that are mostly preferred by the students irrespective of their stream of studies.
- Common Admission Test: Indian Institute of Management conducts a common admission test (CAT) for students who are looking ahead to pursue MBA or PGDM in India. To opt for this entrance examination, you need to score a minimum mark of 50% in graduation irrespective of the stream you belong to. CAT is the most popular competitive exam after graduation for most students who want to pursue MBA after their graduation.
- Management Aptitude Test: All India Management Association (AIMA) conducts the Management Aptitude Test (MAT). This is a competitive exam after graduation that those students opt for who want to study MBA/PGDM from India. To appear for this competitive exam you need to pass graduation from any stream. MAT provides a second chance to those who can’t clear CAT or find it comparatively difficult. Obtaining a good score in MAT allows students to study MBA from reputed colleges across India.
- Graduate management Aptitude Test: GMAC(Graduate Management Admission Council) conducts the Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT). This competitive exam after graduation is also meant for students of all streams who want to pursue an MBA abroad. You need to have a degree from a reputed university to appear for this competitive exam. For those who are looking ahead to studying from abroad, this entrance exam is one of the best on the list of competitive exams for graduation.
- Graduate Record Examinations: Educational Testing Service(ETS) is responsible to conduct Graduate record examinations or GRE. These competitive exams are for those who want to get admission to business schools abroad. Just like GMAT, GRE is another best competitive exam after graduation for those who want to study abroad and have a successful career in it.
- National Eligibility cum Entrance exam(NEET): National Board of Examinations conducts the national eligibility cum entrance test basically for students who want to pursue postgraduate medical courses such as MD (Doctor of Medicine), post-graduation diploma or Masters in Surgery in India. Those students who want to build their career as a Doctor in India for them NEET-PG is one of the best competitive exams after graduation in the science stream.
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering(GATE): Almost all science students who are from engineering backgrounds are aware of this competitive exam after graduation. Indian Institute of Science and the Indian Institute of Technology conducts this examination jointly. This competitive exam after graduation for engineering students is meant for those who want to pursue M.Tech or ME.
- Joint Admission Test: IIT JAM is another popular competitive exam after graduation for science students. This exam is also conducted by the Indian Institute of Science and the Indian Institute of technology. The purpose of this exam is admission to M.sc and M.sc Ph.D. integrated program. Biotechnology, Physics, biological sciences, mathematical statistics, physics, mathematics, geology, and chemistry are the subjects in which JAM is conducted.
- Common Law Admission test: National Law Universities conduct a common law admission test (CLAT) for students who want to study master of law(LLM). But for appearing in this exam, one needs to have a bachelor’s degree in law. This law entrance exam after graduation is for further higher studies.
List of competitive exams after graduation for jobs
Many students prefer to get a job once they complete graduation. If you’re one who wants to get a job after graduation then you can check out the competitive exams after graduation for jobs that are listed below:
- IESE/ISSE: One of the popular competitive exams after graduation for government jobs is the Indian Economic Service Exam. It is one of the exams that is conducted by the Union Public service commission. The main purpose of this exam is to hire economists and statistics for the Indian Government’s executive departments. To appear for this exam, you must hold a graduation degree in Economics or statistics.
- CDSE: A student can opt for this government exam after graduation if they want to go into the field of defence services. It is also one of the competitive exams that are conducted by UPSC. The Combined Defence Service Exam is a joint military exam that is conducted for hiring candidates for different academies of the Indian Army. Different Academies include Indian Military Academy, CDS, Officers Training Academy, Indian Naval Academy, and Indian Air Force. This is one of the best competitive exams after graduation for those students who want to get into the Indian Armed forces.
- UPSC Civil services Exam: Among various other competitive exams after graduation for jobs held by UPSC, this is one of the most popular ones. It is one of the most prestigious examinations as it recruits candidates for some of the prestigious posts in the Government of India. Some of the posts for which recruitment is done are Indian Administrative services, Indian foreign services, Indian P&T Accounts, finance service, Indian Police services, etc. There are three stages of this competitive exam that are Prelims, Mains, and interview. A student has to clear all these stages to get the aimed government job.
- RBI Grade B examination: Reserve bank of India conducts RBI Grade B examinations to offer grade b jobs in RBI. Even though it seems to be grade B, the profile offered by RBI upon clearing this exam is commendable. In this job role, you will be responsible for handling the issuance and circulation of currencies. There are numerous branches across the country where you can be posted anywhere. To appear for this competitive exam after graduation, you have to secure at least 60% marks in your graduation. This examination is also classified into 3 different stages, namely, PRE, Mains, and interview. This exam is among the most popular banking exams after graduation.
- SBI PO: State Bank of India conducts competitive exams for those students who want to get into the banking industry. Those students who wonder what to do after B.com can easily appear for this examination. The purpose of this competitive exam is to recruit probationary officers for SBI branches. Usually, the probation period lasts for two years and after continuous assessments conducted throughout the probation period, you will get promoted to higher ranks. These days numerous students appear for this competitive exam after graduation.
- IBPS PO: Institute of Banking Personnel Selection is an autonomous agency that conducts banking competitive examinations to recruit probationary officers for different Nationalised banks and Regional rural banks of India. Although any graduate student can appear for this competitive examination still it is considered one of the best B.com jobs in government sectors. Similarly, like SBI PO, the probationary officers selected through the IBPS PO examination will also have to undergo a rigorous probation period of 2 years before getting promoted to higher ranks. If you desire to get into the government sector then this is one of the best competitive exams after graduation.
- SSC CGL: The staff Selection commission conducts the Staff selection commission Combined Graduate level examination. It is one of the popular exams on the list of competitive exams for government jobs. The purpose of this examination is to recruit Class 1 and Class 2 officers for various departments of the Government of India. If you appear for this examination then you have the opportunity to work as an examiner, auditor, tax officer, auditor, food inspector, excise inspector, etc. Through one competitive exam after graduation, you can get into different posts.
- TET: Among all competitive exams after graduation, the Teacher Eligibility Test is conducted by the central government and states. The main purpose of conducting this examination is to shortlist candidates who want to become teachers. By qualifying for the TET competitive exam after graduation, students get a certification with which they can apply for the post of teacher in Government schools or colleges all over India. To appear for the exam at least 50% marks in graduation is mandatory.
- Railway Entrance Exams: Railway Recruitment Board is responsible to conduct the Indian Railways examination. These government exams after 12th and graduation aim to recruit suitable candidates for different non-technical and technical posts in Indian Railways. Students look up to applying for this examination after 12th and graduation.
- LIC AAO: Besides bank exams after graduation, most students prefer to appear for LIC AAO as the exam pattern is almost similar. Life Insurance Corporation is a prestigious organisation and conducts this examination to recruit candidates for the post of Assistant Administrative Officer. The post of AAO is one of the reputable positions in the insurance sector.
Competitive exams after graduation in arts
- Central Defence service entrance exam: This competitive exam after graduation in Arts is conducted by the Union Public service commission to fill up the vacancies in the Defence sector. This entrance exam is conducted twice a year where a written test is followed by an Intelligence and personality test. If you are from an Arts background then you can opt to appear for this competitive exam after graduation.
- UPSC civil services: Although students from all the streams can appear for this examination still the arts stream students definitely have some advantages. The syllabus of UPSC civil services is somewhat similar to the Arts stream so if you are looking for a competitive exam after graduation that enables you to get prestigious jobs then this is the best choice.
- Central Teacher Eligibility Test: CTET is one of the famous recruitment exams for teachers which is conducted by CBSE to determine the eligibility of teachers for classes 1-VIII. Basically, there are two papers one is for classes 1 to 5 whereas the other one is for classes 6 to 8. Mostly Arts students prefer to appear for this exam after graduation if they desire to get into teaching.
- Humanities and social sciences Exam: The HSEE is specially designed for humanities and art students as the name suggests. This competitive exam after graduation aims to provide students admissions to the five-year integrated Masters of Arts at IIT Madras. In this program, students think about and research various human conditions like ideas, society, and people. Integrated M.A in development studies and Integrated M.A in English studies are two programs for which they can apply after qualifying in this exam.
Competitive exams after graduation in science
Numerous competitive exams are meant for science students. The best thing for the students of the science stream is that they can opt for almost all the competitive exams that are meant for other streams. Whether you have completed B.sc or B.tech you have a list of competitive exams after graduation in science that you can opt for. Some of them are discussed here:
Government jobs after Btech
- Central Government jobs: Students have lots of options for government jobs after B.Tech. A civil service job is one of the demanding jobs for science students as well. After completing your B.Tech you can prepare for civil services and opt for job opportunities like IPS, IAS, IES, and IFS. You can also opt for exams conducted for jobs by Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited, Air India Air transport service limited, Hindustan Aeronautics Limited, National Thermal power corporation, and Indian Space research organisation.
- Railway jobs: Whether you’ve already graduated from B.tech or you are in the final year, there are several competitive exams after graduation for B.tech students. Railway Recruitment Board conducts these examinations for the positions of executive engineer, junior engineer, etc. Usually, these exams are related to electronic engineering or electrical engineering. The age should be between 21 years to 30 years.
- Public Sector Undertakings: Apart from other competitive exams after graduation, public sector undertakings have great opportunities for B.tech students. PSUs are owned by either the central government or state government so they are quite famous among the B.Tech because of their attractive salaries. Some of the posts of PSUs may require GATE qualification. Whereas some of the posts are also for the GATE students, ITI and diploma holders, and 12th pass students.
Government Jobs After B.Sc
- Defence Services: Getting into Defence services is a prestigious government job after B.sc. Every year lots of vacancies are out that enable the B.sc students to build their careers in the field of defence after graduation. Though getting into defence services is highly respectful but you have to choose the branches very carefully. If required get the help of career experts.
- Teaching: Upon getting graduated from a B.sc one of the best options is to pursue a Master’s degree and opt for competitive exams meant for government teachers. Some of the competitive exams after graduation allow the b.sc students to appear directly and get hired as teachers.
- Other competitive exams: Numerous competitive exams after graduation are available that allow all the graduate students to appear in this exam irrespective of their streams. So, after B.sc you can also appear for these exams and get jobs in the government sector.
Competitive exams after graduation in Commerce
Most of the competitive exams require the applicant to be a graduate. Passing B.com bring in lots of opportunities for the students. There are few job options that are specifically designed for commerce students. Let’s check out the exams:
- Common Proficiency Test: This is a competitive exam after graduation for commerce students who want to build their careers in the field of Accountancy. The Council of the Institute Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) conducts a common proficiency test. With this competitive exam after graduation commerce students are able to begin their journey to become Chartered Accountants in India.
- Common Admission Test: CAT exam allows the students to get admission to business schools for pursuing MBA. With a management degree, students can easily get jobs in some prestigious organisations with lucrative packages. To score a decent percentile, you have to prepare well for this competitive exam after graduation.
- Civil examinations: As already discussed, civil service examinations are highly prestigious examinations and allow the students to get government jobs after graduation in respectable profiles. You get the opportunity to work at the highest levels of government sectors.
- Banks exams: Whether it is Bank clerk or Bank PO, banking exams after graduation are highly popular among commerce graduates. Being a commerce graduate, you have all the required skills to get into the banking sector. IBPS PO, SBI PO, RBI Grade B, IBPS Clerk, and SBI Clerk are some of the common banking examinations.
- Insurance exams: Numerous insurance examinations are held by insurance companies like LIC, GIC to recruit candidates to fill up different positions in their organisations. B.com graduates have huge scope in these insurance exams.
List of Banking exams after Graduation
- SBI PO
When it is about banking jobs after graduation the SBI PO tops the list for banking aspirants. Any graduate irrespective of their study are eligible to apply for SBI PO exams. It is held in three different stages, namely prelims, mains, and interviews. The age limit is 21 to 30 years for applying for this competitive exam after graduation.
- SBI SO
Another popular banking exam for aspirants is SBI SO which is also conducted in three stages. Through this examination, Specialist officers are recruited who work in the SBI bank. As a SO, it’s expected that the candidate has to do various field works like IT, HR, Marketing, Agriculture, law, and Rajbhasha. A candidate requires a graduation degree to appear for a specialist officer in IT, agriculture, and law whereas MBA is required for appearing for SO in HR and marketing. The age limit depends on the post for which you are applying.
- SBI Junior Associate
SBI clerk is the competitive exam that is held by SBI to recruit Junior associates for its different branches. This is a basic level examination and consists of only two stages and a language proficiency test. The age limit to appear for this competitive exam after graduation is 20 to 28 years.
- IBPS PO
Institute of Banking personnel Selection conducts the IBPS exams to recruit probationary officers in various public sector banks. Every year IBPS PO is conducted and graduate students can appear for the exams. The selection procedure is conducted in three phases that are prelims, mains, and interviews. The age limit for appearing for the examination is 20 to 30 years.
- IBPS Clerk
One of the most popular competitive exams after graduation is IBPS clerk. Just like the SBI clerk, this examination is also conducted in two stages, Prelims and Mains and further, it is followed by a language proficiency test. The age limit for appearing for an IBPS clerk is 20 to 28 years.
- IBPS RRB
IBPS RRB is a banking exam for graduates that recruits candidates for regional rural banks across India. These exams are for both clerical and officer posts in the regional rural banks. Apart from a graduation degree, qualifying in local language proficiency is a must. Though clerical and officer posts have different selection processes. The age limit for clerks is 18 to 28 years whereas the age limit for an assistant manager is 18 to 30 years. Like other banking competitive examinations after graduation, IBPS RRB for officer level has three stages, prelims, mains, and interview.
The candidates who are graduates find this banking exam as one with lots of scope. National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development is a competitive exam for graduates that recruits NABARD assistants, NABARD office attendants, NABARD Grade A and Grade B officers.
- RBI Assistant
Reserve Bank of India also conducts competitive exams after graduation to recruit assistants in the RBI. Every year the examination is held in three phases, prelims, mains, and language test. The age limit for this exam is 20 to 28 years. This is a great opportunity for all those who want to make their career in the banking industry.
- RBI Grade B
RBI Grade B job position is considered one of the best in the banking sector. To crack this examination you need a complete strategy. If you want to find out how to successfully crack this competitive exam then take the suggestions of experts. As it is one of the best, it is also one of the toughest examinations. The selection process involves three stages that are prelims, mains, and interviews. The candidates in the age group of 21-30 years are eligible for this exam.
List of Law entrance exams after graduation
- Common Law Admission Test: There are 18 National Law Universities (NLUs) that conduct CLAT. It is an all-India entrance examination that is conducted for admissions to undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs. NALSAR, NLSIU, GNLU, NLIU, NLU, and WBNUJS are some of the NLUs that consider the CLAT score for admissions. However, this law entrance exam is considered one of the toughest competitive exams after graduation that candidates who want to go in this field opt for.
- LSAT: Every year the Law school admission test is held around four-time for LLB and LLM admissions. Basically, it is a test of reading and verbal reasoning skills. You can appear for this competitive exam after graduation to get admission to top institutes like UPES Dehradun, IIT Kharagpur, Amity Law school, and many more.
- All India Bar Exam: Unlike other common law exams, the All India Bar exam is not conducted for providing admission to law colleges. Rather its motive is to test an advocate’s ability to practice law in India. It examines a candidate’s basic understanding of law along with their analytical abilities. Hence, once a candidate passes this competitive exam after graduation they get a certificate of practice from the Bar Council of India.
- Law school Admission Test(LSAT): If any student wants to pursue law either from India or abroad they can opt for the LSAT. This law entrance exam after graduation is mostly preferred by students who want to pursue law in foreign countries.
How seekex helps you to pursue right competitive exam after graduation
SeekEx is one stop solution for all your career related problems. You can easily get guidance from the industry experts who are willing to show the path of success. One onboard, you can easily book an schedule and call the expert on the given time to get 1 ON 1 Guidance and career counselling regarding what to do after graduation.
This blog has dealt with a wide aspect of job opportunities that a candidate has after competition of graduation. As the name says competition, the competitive exams are never easy and involve lots of competition. But if you prepare using the proper strategy then you can easily score high.
To cut the level of competition in competitive exams after graduation, the support of career experts is required. You can get direct consultation from those experts who have already cracked these examinations on the SeekEx app. They provide you with the right approach and strategy to get success in the competitive exams.
Frequently Asked Questions About Top competitive exams after graduation
What are the different types of competitive exams?
Different types of competitive exams are available for different fields. Usually, the main competitive examinations that are suitable for all streams are Banking examinations, staff selection commission, Defence examinations, Railway examinations, UPSC, Insurance examinations, law examinations, and UGC examinations.
Which is the best competitive exam?
The best competitive exam depends upon the preference and fields of study of a student. However, UPSC is considered one of the best examinations in India. Though it is the toughest too as it has an immense syllabus. Around 8-10 Lakhs students appear for this examination every year so the level of competition is also quite high.
Which competitive exam can I give after my diploma?
There is a huge number of competitive exams that are available after a diploma in Engineering. One can opt for exams that either provide jobs or provide an opportunity to pursue higher studies. Competitive exams like RRB JE, State level Junior Engineer examination, banking examination, RRB ALP are some of the exams that you can give after a diploma.
Can I get a government job after my diploma?
A candidate can easily get a government job after a diploma in engineering. In the field of railways, they can opt to become junior engineers through RRB competitive exams. Besides that, state governments also recruit junior engineers. Various PSU jobs are available like DMRC, RITES, AAI, DDA which conducts competitive exams for diploma holders.
Which competitive exams are best for B.com graduates?
The best competitive exams for B.com graduates are banking examinations and insurance examinations. B.com graduates are also eligible to appear for various other competitive exams after graduation like UPSC, SSC, etc.